Monday, July 4, 2011

3 July

“Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).

These words spoken by Jesus can be such a balm to the soul.  I find it especially appropriate that we heard these words today, the Sunday of July 4th weekend.  I think of all the soldiers and veterans who are no doubt weary and who carry heavy burdens, both physically and emotionally; and I hope that they know there is rest and healing in Jesus.  I pray there are those among us willing to share their burdens.  I believe one way to do that is to express gratitude for the profound gift of self each soldier and veteran gives to our military and our country.

I offer thanks and wish blessings upon everyone who keeps our nation safe.  And I pray we can all find the rest Jesus promises.

M.E.+

No comments:

Post a Comment