Saturday, August 20, 2011

14 August


Sunday’s collect was oddly appropriate for my first Sunday back from Jerusalem.  It reads:

Almighty God, you have given your only Son to be for us a sacrifice for sin, and also an example of godly life: Give us grace to receive thankfully the fruits of his redeeming work, and to follow daily in the blessed steps of his most holy life.

“Follow daily in the blessed steps…”  I’m fairly certain the liturgists who composed this collect meant that to be figurative language.  But I have just returned from pilgrimage.  I had the privilege to visit Nazareth, Bethlehem, Galilee and Jerusalem – all places we know Jesus walked.  And our group walked the Way of the Cross, the route Jesus walked from condemnation to crucifixion.

So, as I prayed the collect with you, many memories of my trip flashed through my mind.  I hope to share the stories of my travels with you as we all do our best to follow in Christ’s footsteps.

M.E.+

No comments:

Post a Comment