Monday, August 23, 2010

22 Aug - The Power of Touch

Touch is so important. It is one way we experience the love of God and the love of others. I’d like to share a portion of a poem by Geraldine W. Dellenback called “A Psalm of Joy” because it puts into words how I am feeling about God, love and touch:


O Lord God, how glorious is thy love in all the world!
The love that touches the hearts of all people,
The love that causes souls to blend in harmony,
The love that fills hearts to overflowing.

O Lord God, with my whole heart I thank thee!
For beauty and strength,
For warmth and tenderness,
For sincerity and humility,
But most of all for love and for those we love.

O Lord God, protect and guide these loved ones I pray!

Amen.


Peace,

The Rev. M.E. Eccles, LPC

No comments:

Post a Comment